The world of Naturalia
Experience, research, passion.
Ours and yours.
Naturalia Ingredients, 100% controlled by the GIBBI S.r.l. Group, was founded in 2009 with the idea of offering the world market a new product: natural fruit sugars in crystalline form.
Production is carried out thanks to an innovative technological process, developed in-house and patented internationally, which makes Naturalia the only company in the world to produce sugars in crystalline form of 100% natural origin from fruit.
The Mazara del Vallo (TP) plant covers an area of around 28,000 square metres and has a full production capacity of around 7,000 tonnes of crystalline sugar per year. It employs on average about twenty permanent employees and about ten seasonal workers.
When the first process patent was obtained, Naturalia Ingredients s.r.l. was born, a joint venture between the companies Eridania Sadam and Cantine Foraci. A joint research project integrating oenological and industrial expertise to develop a new technology for extracting and crystallising fruit sugars.
- Industrial plant design and filing of further patents.
- Obtaining ISO9001 certification.
Implementation of the plant and international extension of the patents.
- Inauguration in Mazara del Vallo (TP) of the world’s first plant for the production of crystalline fruit sugars.
- Plant start-up and refinement of the industrial process for the production of crystalline sugars from grapes.
Naturalia’s Solid Rectified Concentrated Must (MCRS) is recognised at European level as a wine product and authorised for winery applications by Regulation 52/2013/EU.
Obtaining HALAL certification.
- Sadam S.p.A. acquires 100% of Naturalia’s share capital.
- Obtaining KOSHER certification.
Obtained NON-GMO Project certification, IFS Food certification and ISO 22005 certification.
Implementation of an industrial test for the production of sugars from dates, confirming the versatility of the plant and technology to obtain crystalline sugars from other fruits, in addition to grapes.
Launch of the experimental project “Wine for Wine” – for 100% grape-based winemaking -, in collaboration with the Edmund Mach Foundation and the Wine Research Team, to find out the benefits of MCRS in enrichment, sweetening and sparkling wine practices in comparison with other sugars in high-end wines.
- Enlargement of the product portfolio with the development of semi-finished products for ice cream based on crystalline fruit sugars, and development of a portfolio of mixtures of crystalline grape sugars with stevia extracts, polyphenols and pectins for functional sweetening for professional applications.
- Upgrading ISO9001 certification to ISO9001:2015 version
- Naturalia Ingredients is 100% acquired by the GIBBI S.r.l. Group.
- Upgrade of IFS Food certification to version 7.
We produce and distribute a unique and innovative natural product with certified quality and guaranteed supply chain control: crystalline fruit sugar.
We are pioneers and leaders in fruit sugar innovation for natural, good and responsible sweetening.
We carry out our role with loyalty and a spirit of cooperation, passionately pursuing quality & innovation while respecting environmental, social and economic sustainability.
Naturalia’s technology makes it possible to extract the sugars naturally present in fruit without altering their essential and original characteristics. For products made from 100% fruit and wines made from 100% grapes, for natural, good and responsible sweetening.
For crystalline fruit sugars Naturalia guarantees superior quality, thanks to the absence of microbial contamination (yeasts, moulds and bacteria), pesticides, heavy metals, toxins, solvents and other chemical contaminants, for a safe product. It also guarantees the absence of volatile tracer compounds and the neutrality of the aromatic profile, for a perfect organoleptic result of the products in which they are used, particularly wines and sparkling wines.
Naturalia offers the wine and food sectors innovative fruit sugars which, thanks to their unique properties and characteristics, favor the creation and development of innovative products in many possible applications oriented to the use of natural ingredients.